Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cuisine!!

Yesterday, I went to a restaurant by the name of Saint Ambroeus located on 259 W 4th St. New York 10014(At Perry St). I went with 2 of my good friends to discuss our short and long-term goals. The setting was great and the food and service were also up to par.

One thing that I've noticed in Manhattan, ever since moving here in May, is that you can find exquisite, and a variety of foods for very cheap prices. My perception was that Manhattan was simply pricey with everything.

Of course, being women who love desserts we had to try some! The waiter decided which ones were the best and we ordered them. One of my friends had a dark chocolate dessert (image located at the top left). It was so good to the point where she was engaged in conversation before she ate it, and when she put that first bite in her mouth, it was like she looked to heavens and thanked God for being alive at that very moment. It was hilarious! I tried some and the chocolate simply melted in your mouth. So I understood the "moment" that she had. My other friend had an excellent dessert called "Tropicale" which was a vanilla sponge cake with mango and passion fruit mousse (bottom right). I had a vanilla-like whipped cream, with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries in topped with a blue berry sauce (bottom left) . It was definitely to die for! It was funny how silent the table got after we started eating. The desserts are highly recommended at this restaurant!!!!

1 comment: